Snow Drifted Plains Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We thrive here in this domain for nature's greatest challenge. Here within our border lies a blanket of snow and a long season of winter, where it begins!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beyond The Den

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Roxanne
Admin
Roxanne

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Beyond The Den Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRi0k5tEGfP3vxMEN0TJqMx-yzPU1Ga03y2Mo4KsWgKDO8Sm09CDg

This is where the wolves would encounter each other. Manoeuvring through here will be slick, but then little cover can be found.
Back to top Go down
https://snowdriftedplains.forumotion.com
Roxanne
Admin
Roxanne

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Roxanne sits along the tree line, breathing the scents that flow by with the chilling breeze that stirs up the new fallen snow. She glances around the territory and gives out a decent sigh, and watched the calm and quiet valley.
Back to top Go down
Ember

Ember

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Ember pads up to Roxanne and sits quietly next to her. She looks over the valley and catches her breath. Sghing she says 'its amazing'.
Back to top Go down
Skylark

Skylark

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:39 pm

My paws left soft indents into the fresh snow. I had crossed a scent line awhile ago, but paid it no thought. Every pack really had been the same. All 'get out of our territory' and 'you're not welcome here'. I really had tired of the constant threats. Every time I crossed a scent line, I said, 'You know, maybe this time I'll be welcome'. I did my best to be subtle, not hunting in there. At this point, I could care less.
My mostly white fur blended in nicely to the snow. My blotchy paws and face gave me away, however. I'd been made fun of for that, but I didn't care. I liked my brown blotches. Then again, I never cared much for anything others said, ever.
I barely paused as a bit of wolf scent blew over me. I ignored it, whether it be a pack or someone like me, a loner without a home. I paused when prey scent blew over, however. My eyes fixed on a hare bouncing through the snow. It didn't even see me. I dropped into a crouch, and stalked toward it. I was close, close enough to catch it. I paused a moment, waiting for an opportune moment...
Back to top Go down
Ember

Ember

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:42 pm

I spotted a white shape moving through the snow and focused on it. A wolf! And hunting to. I wait untill the wolf catches the hare than pad over.
Back to top Go down
Skylark

Skylark

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:49 pm

I waited only a moment more, and sprang forward. I landed squarely on the hare, and before it could take a breath, my teeth locked over it's warm neck and I delivered a deathblow. The tense muscles slackened, and I had my food. I was about to dig in, only to hesitate a moment. The fur on my neck bristled. I was being watched. I straightened, the hare between my front paws. The black wolf approaching me was a bright blot in the sparkling snow. No sneaking around with fur that color. I turned to face the she-wolf. My reckless side begged me to challenge her. So I did, on my impulse.

"Who're you?" I challenged.
Back to top Go down
Ember

Ember

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:51 pm

"Woah! calm down" i say. " Im not gonna take your hare or anything... Just wondering who you are? Im a loner. Are you too? My names Ember.
Back to top Go down
Skylark

Skylark

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Woah! calm down. Im not gonna take your hare or anything... Just wondering who you are? Im a loner. Are you too? My names Ember.

Well, at her first words, I nearly burst out laughing. I totally startled her. I held back the laugh, trying to disguise it as a cough, fairly unsuccessfully. My eyes flickered over the she-wolf, Ember, for a moment, and I contemplated my response.
Was I going to apologize, you might ask, for startling Ember?
"Definitely a loner. No pack seems to want me these days, what all with what they call my 'prickly personality'. Either way, I'm Skylark."
No, of course not. I am not going to apologize for my personality! Who could blame me, really? With all the rejections I get these days, no wonder I'm so hostile sometimes!
See? This is the kind of thing I'm told is my 'prickly personality'.
Back to top Go down
Ember

Ember

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:02 pm

I burst out laughing. " I love your fiery temper!', i say, ' seems like no wolves around here have any sense of self preservation. All like, Hi nice to meet you and all... I thought you might be another brain washed wolf so that explains my greeting." " I would love to have you im MY pack Skylark but you see, i have none!" I flick my ears and sit down.
Back to top Go down
Skylark

Skylark

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Beyond The Den Tundra10

Well. This was most definitely a first. Someone who, and I quote, "Loves my fiery temper" and "Would love to have me in her pack". Woah. Can I be given a moment to reel that in? Am I dreaming here? Is she messing with me?
It's none of the above. It's the truth.
Either way, Ember seems quite comfortable with me, so I sit down, too. I study her, meeting her yellow-greenish eyes when I'm finished.
Am I going to confess that Ember is the first person to tell me that, and gush about my problems?
"Brain-washed? What do you mean by that?"
Nope, that's not me at all. But I do get to the point quite nicely, don't I? Talk about the really important things, and maybe, possibly, once in a blue moon, when that's done and I'm not retreating off to my hidey-hole, I'll socialize. Obviously, that doesn't happen often. Apparently another reason for my 'prickly personality'.
Back to top Go down
Ember

Ember

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:13 pm

" Well all the wolves around here are what i call 'brain washed'." " I call them that because they are all the same! Hi, nice to meet you. Leave me alone, your too tempermental!" So basically its like they have all gone through a brain wash and dont even have their own personality!" I roll my eyes in contempt. " Im GLAD not to be in their packs anyway!" I study Skylark's reaction.
Back to top Go down
Skylark

Skylark

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Beyond The Den Tundra11

Huh. That was slightly new, but slightly familiar. Not a term I'd ever come across; Brain washed made me think more, 'I do your will, always, servent blah blah blah'. But I saw the real side of that, I had met so many packs who kicked me out, didn't care, didn't feel. But I'd met wolves with their own personality, lots of special wolves.
Anyways. I saw Ember studying my reaction. Was I going to give her a reaction?
"Mmmm. Every wolf is different in some way, though. Anyways, is there even a pack in the area?"
Nope, you bet not. That's me for you. I never give anyone what they want. Just my cryptic message and I get right back to the point.
As I said this, I began eating my hare. I don't consider it rude; for Lupa's sake, I caught it, so I'm going to eat it! If Ember cares, she can stick it up her nose. I don't, like usual, so, anyways, on with our conversation.
Back to top Go down
Ember

Ember

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:27 pm

I smile. " Good", i say, " No letting your emotions show. You are strong in spirit", i tilt my head to the right, pointing. " And, yes, there is a pack here. Just haven't seen them yet. I yawn and my stomach growls. I look up, embarassed. " I should probably find something to eat". I grumble about my black fur and my bad luck at hunting.
Back to top Go down
Skylark

Skylark

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Beyond The Den Tundra12

Gosh; Ember certainty was observant. When she said it, it almost sounded like I forced my blocked emotions. That wasn't true; it was my nature, really, and what was I going to show to a wolf I met two minutes ago? Anyways, apparently there was a pack. If my new friend Ember the loner had yet to see them, I wasn't worried about my chances. If I did have an Encounter, I would not be surprised if it went better then the others. The wolves around here seemed mighty relaxed.
On the hunting thing, I nearly snickered. A black wolf hunting in white snow. It was comical; Wolves generally blended to their terrain; Black wolves kept to dark pine forests, not wide, snowy areas. Common sense, really. But it was free choice on her part.
Eh, if we really were gonna be friends, should I help? Give advice?
"Black wolf hunting in white snow. Good luck with that." I scoffed, but in my friendly way.
Nope. Of course not. Aren't you starting to see the pattern here?
Back to top Go down
Ember

Ember

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 9:54 pm

I snickered, than rolled in the snow. It stuck to my pelt and made me look like a snowman. " Lets do this thing!" I walk and all the snow falls of. My face ashen, i turn around and say" nice meeting you" , than i turn and slink away.
Back to top Go down
Skylark

Skylark

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Beyond The Den Tundra12

This time, as the black with patchy white spotted wolf walked away from me, I let myself laugh. Ember certainty had a way with others, and smart too, at that. The snow disguise would never fool a wolf, but maybe, for Ember's meal, it would fool a hare.
Did I politely say good-bye?
I finished off my hare, saying nothing.
Of course not! Do you not know me yet? I don't waste time with stuff like that. Anyways, I stood, shaking my fur out. I padded away, leaving the spot where I ate splattered with hare blood and bones. I didn't go far, only about a half mile down the way, and into my hidey-hole. It was a large, hanging pine tree. Under it was a place I had shoved away some of the snow, so it was a comfortable, pine needle nest. I curled up, but didn't sleep.
Back to top Go down
Ember

Ember

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:27 pm

I slink away and think of my Encounter with the strange wolf. For once a wolf was actually growing on me. I Thought about it and decided that the stranger, Skylark, Most probably did NOT like me. Oh well, that's my life... My stomach growled again. I spotted a hare and crept towards it. With cat like grace, i jumped on it and bit its neck. I settled down in the snow and congratulated myself. I finished the hare and left, blood spots on the ground where i ate. I walk back to the place i met Skylark but see that she already left. I sighed, my disappointment showing. I reminded myself that the wolf doesn't like me and walk away dejectedly. I find a hollow in the ground( witch is not that far away from Skylark, but i don't know that) And curl up, trying to cover myself with snow with a half heart. I rest my head but do not fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
Skylark

Skylark

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Beyond The Den Tundra12

I rested my head on my paws. Ember didn't seem half bad a wolf, really. She was kind, and had a lot of the same experiences I did. If I met up with her again, maybe I'd invite her to travel with me. Most wolves would be surprised if I did that; But hey, I wasn't completely prickly. And Ember liked me, as I could tell very clearly. I wondered what Ember thought of me; She obviously had liked my 'fiery personality' but I wondered about her other impressions of me. I blinked, lifting my head. I didn't particularly care; but I always wondered. Ember was a nice wolf; I did like her, even if my nature did not allow such gushing.
I stood up, as high as my hidey-hole allowed. I slipped out from under the tree. I shook some excess snow from my white fur. I lifted my brown blotchy muzzle up. I did indeed smell Ember; More then the residue scent left on me from our meeting. She must be nearby.
You are probably asking; Was I going to seek her out?
I carelessly began walking, thoughts drifting to the pack she said was in the area.
No. Really, do you not know me yet? I am not that kind of wolf; If Ember wanted to find me, I'm sure she would. If I found her, I wouldn't run away. But I was not going to make an effort. Really, there wasn't that much an area I predicted she would be in, anyways. I wouldn't be surprised if we bumped into each other.
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Admin
Roxanne

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Roxanne peered over at the wolves and she shook out herself gingerly. Approaching a white wolf who was almost blended in with her background, "Greetings there, what brings you here in this domain?" she asked confidently. She examined the wolfs physique closely then she sat back and awaited for her response, as the grew longer, the sun peaked from the decent mountain ledges.
Back to top Go down
Skylark

Skylark

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Beyond The Den Tundra12
I turned to look at the she-wolf. Gosh. Formality. Who ever bothered with that? Pfft, really. I faced the white she-wolf.
Was I gonna be polite?
"Wandering. Looking for prey."
No! Seriously, how can you say you know anything about me? Pfft, why can't you ever take a hint? Well anyways...rant over...
I confidently leveled my eyes with her's. Was she the pack leader? Very possible. Was I gonna bother being polite just in chase she was?
Goodness gracious, no! That is not like me. Seriously.

Back to top Go down
Ember

Ember

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:13 pm

I raise my head as i hear wolves talking. Slowly i stand and wander towards the sound. I see Skylark talking to a wolf, who i assume to be the pack alpha because of the way she holds herself. I walk up and stop about eight meters away and silently watch the conversation. I should have known... No one likes me. Of course the alpha shows up when Skylark comes. I twitch my ears and sit on the ground, a small snow cloud raises around me. I pray that the wolves didn't see. I tip my head and perk my ears, trying to hear their voices, not daring to get any closer.
Back to top Go down
Skylark

Skylark

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Beyond The Den Tundra12

I am quickly aware of another presence. Ember? Maybe. My head shifts slightly, to the alpha in front of me, a harmless movement, meaning nothing. My eyes scan the snow, immediately locking in on the black wolf. Ember. My eyes gleam, and I smile, indicating to her all is well. I am happy to see her; After all, we can be considered friends. And if this alpha gets too defensive, I can probably count on her for backup, whether this will be a verbal fight or physical one.
Back to top Go down
Ember

Ember

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:43 pm

I see Skylark smile at me and all my fears disapear. She does like me after all! Happily come closer and sit down about three meters away. I am glad to know all is well. I sit and wait, to see where the conversation goes.

I come closer and stand behind Skylark, tipping my head at the wolf. i whisper in Skylarks ear" is she the alpha of the pack?"
Back to top Go down
Skylark

Skylark

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:40 am

Beyond The Den Tundra12
I glanced over at Ember as she approaches. I whisper back, "Not sure. Assuming, yes."
Ember seems happy to see me. I study her, seeing a bit of old doubt in her eyes. I have a feeling I've intimidated her, a bit, but in reality being friends is fine with me. I may be prickly; but I don't reject willing friends.
Back to top Go down
Ember

Ember

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:28 pm

" I think she is the alpha to. ", i whisper back. Than i study the so called alpha and sit back in the snow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beyond The Den Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond The Den   Beyond The Den Empty

Back to top Go down

Beyond The Den
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snow Drifted Plains Pack :: Roleplay Information and Details :: Within Our Territory-
Jump to: